HyperTRANSCRIBE gives you control over playback of your audio or video files with easy keyboard controls, including automatic "looping" of playback and quick keyboard commands to advance or rewind so your fingers never have to leave the keyboard as you transcribe.
Learn More About HyperTRANSCRIBE's Power
At Researchware, we believe studying our qualitative world should be straightforward, and we design our software accordingly. Our software is easy to use, and comes with full tech support at no additional charge.
Learn More About HyperTRANSCRIBE's Ease of Use
For Mac and Windows.
You and your colleagues live in a cross-platform world, and so should your research tools. HyperTRANSCRIBE works the same, with the same license key, regardless of the software operating system you use (Mac OSX or Windows).
Learn More About Our Compatibility
At your desk or to go.
The same license lets you install HyperTRANSCRIBE on every computer you use—Mac or Windows. If you often work elsewhere, carry HyperTRANSCRIBE and your audio, video, and transcription files in your pocket and sit down at any available computer, plug in your USB drive, and start working.
Learn More About Our Flexibility
HyperTRANSCRIBE gives you control over playback of your audio or video files with easy keyboard controls, so your fingers never have to leave the keyboard as you transcribe.
The controller bar appears on the left side of the transcription window when you open a media file. You can use the controller bar to begin playing, pause, move around to a different point in the recording, or change the sound level.
The controller bar is displayed underneath the video. If you‘re transcribing an audio file, the controller bar appears by itself.
Unlike software intended for professional transcribers, HyperTRANSCRIBE does not require the use of foot pedals or other equipment. Instead, you use simple keyboard shortcuts that always leave your hands on the keyboard’s home row. Everything is done in a single transcription window, so there’s no need to switch between a play window and a text window.
To create a transcript with HyperTRANSCRIBE, follow these basic steps:
1. When HyperTRANSCRIBE starts up, click New to create a new transcription window.(Or choose File ↠ New instead of clicking the button.)
2. At the top left corner of the transcription window, click Media File and choose the audio or video file you want to transcribe.
3. When the file opens, the first five-second segment is selected and ready to play. Use the following shortcuts to play a segment at a time:
- Shift-space to play the current segment
- Tab to advance to the next segment and play it
- Shift-Tab to back up to the previous segment
4. Enter your transcript in the right half of the transcription window as you play the media file.
5. When you’re finished transcribing, choose File ↠ Export to save your transcription as plain text, RTF (Rich Text Format), or SBV (YouTube subtitles and captions format). Or use the native HyperTRANSCRIBE Document (.htd) file as a source file in Researchware’s qualitative analysis software, HyperRESEARCH.
For Mac and Windows
Fully cross-platform by design, HyperTRANSCRIBE is with you whether you use a Mac, a PC... or both!
Mac laptop at home and Windows desktop at work? No trouble.
- Buy HyperTRANSCRIBE and install and use it on your Mac, Windows system, or both — for two-platform use, there's nothing extra to buy .
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
- Compatible with Windows 8 all the way back to Windows 2000.
At Your Desk Or To Go
At the office, at home, in the lab, or on the go, HyperTRANSCRIBE is there for you.
HyperTRANSCRIBE running under Mac OSX Yosemite from a USB flash drive containing the
Macintosh and Windows versions of the software plus the video and transcription files.
- Install on your computer's hard drive or on a removable drive.
- Install for both Mac and Windows on your removable drive—sit down at any available Mac or Windows computer to work.
- Our "zero-footprint" system means you can work on any computer without leaving traces or extra files. Everything stays on your removable drive.
- Your purchase lets you install and use HyperTRANSCRIBE on any computers you work at (only one copy in actual use at a time).
- Your license works on both Mac and Windows computers.
- Put your media files on the same removable drive—and take your research anywhere.
Our technical support will be happy to answer. We can help you with questions about our capabilities, special deals for multiple purchases, and how HyperTRANSCRIBE can fit in with your research project.
Ask Us About HyperTRANSCRIBE
Want to try before you buy?
Download the Trial Version and try out HyperTRANSCRIBE for yourself.
Ready to buy it now?
Purchase online and get your license key immediately. Then all you have to do is download the software, enter the license key, and start working. We also offer site and group licenses. For more information about these options, or if you prefer to pay via purchase order or check, contact our customer service for help.