If you want to try out HyperRESEARCH for free: Download the Free Limited Edition from the links below. The Free Edition is suitable for teaching the basics of qualitative research, without requiring students to purchase the full package. You can also use the Free Edition to explore HyperRESEARCH's capabilities. The Free Edition is fully functional, with the following limits:
- The Code Book is limited to 75 codes.
- A study is limited to 7 cases.
- Each case can have no more than 50 code references.
To continue your work without these limitations, purchase a license using the Buy Now link under the Sales menu. Once you enter your license key, you can continue working with the same files; the only thing that changes is that the number of codes, cases, and code references is unlimited with a licensed copy.
If you have just purchased HyperRESEARCH and want to download it: First download the Free Limited Edition appropriate to your operating system and install it. When you start up the Free Edition, it asks whether you want to enter a license key or continue in free mode. The license key was emailed to you when you purchased HyperRESEARCH. Once you enter your license key, the program removes all the limitations and transforms itself into the full edition.
If you are an existing customer and want to reinstall HyperRESEARCH: Check your license key first to find out whether you need to upgrade. License keys for versions prior to 3.0 do not work with the current version of HyperRESEARCH.
- If your key has UPPERCASE characters (e.g. RXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX), your license key is compatible with the current version of HyperRESEARCH.
- If your key has lowercase characters (e.g. xxxx-xxxxxxx), you have the older version 2.x and will need to purchase a new license key.
If you are upgrading HyperRESEARCH from a previous version: Purchase a license key at our special upgrade price. (Use the Buy Now link under the Sales menu, and add a number of HyperRESEARCH Upgrades equal to the number of license keys you have to upgrade to your cart.) You will receive an email containing a new HyperRESEARCH 3.7.x license key for each upgrade purchased. Next, download the free edition and install it. When the program asks for a license key, enter your new key to fully enable HyperRESEARCH.
Free Limited Edition of HyperRESEARCH Installers
(after installing, enter your license key to convert the free limited edition to the full version)
|Platform||Download To Install||Date|
Microsoft Windows® (XP, Vista, 7, 8.x, 10)
10 AUG 2015
Apple OS X® (10.5.8 through 10.11 )
10 AUG 2015
Requirements for Windows:
- Windows XP SP2 and above, Windows Vista SP1 and above (both 32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8.x (both 32 and 64 bit desktop), and Windows 10
- Apple QuickTime 7 or later for Windows XP SP2 and up. You can download the Quicktime 7.7.6 installer here. [NOTE: For new installations of Quicktime on Windows 8 or 10, you need to download the Quicktime 7.7.6 installer from this link, and be sure to reboot your computer after installation of Quicktime and before installing HyperRESEARCH.]
- 50 MB free disk space
Requirements for Mac OS X:
- OSX (Intel Only), 10.5.8 and later (Leopard), 10.6.x (Snow Leopard), 10.7.x (Lion), 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), 10.9.x (Mavericks), 10.10.x (Yosemite), and 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- 50MB of free disk space
Researchware has released an updated version of the StudyPackager tool for HyperRESEARCH 3.7.3. Version 1.0.2 (136) replaces version 1.0.1 (135). To update the StudyPackager for you copy of HyperRESEARCH 3.7.3, click here to download the tool to your computer. Next, move the download Tool file (StudyPackager.rwtl) to the Tools folder in HyperRESEARCH, overwriting the old version of StudyPackager.rwtl.
For Windows XP, Vista, and Window 7 (32 bit), the Tools folder can be found at: C:\Program Files\HyperRESEARCH 3.7.3\Components\Tools
For Windows 7 (64 bit), 8.x, and 10, the Tools folder can be found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\HyperRESEARCH 3.7.3\Components\Tools
For OSX, the Tools folder can be found at: /Applications/HyperRESEARCH 3.7.3/Components/Tools
Lastly, restart (or start) HyperRESEARCH 3.7.3 and the new version of the Study Packager tool is now installed.
HyperRESEARCH Tutorial Downloads
The HyperRESEARCH package includes seven tutorials to help you get the most out of the program. (The tutorials are located in the "Documentation" folder within the "HyperRESEARCH" folder created when you install HyperRESEARCH.) Everything needed to complete all of the tutorials is included in the package, with the exception of these supplemental media files used in Tutorial 5, "Working with Graphic, Video, and Audio Source Materials." We provide these multimedia files separately in order to keep the main package as conveniently small as possible.
Sample audio, video, and image files for use with Tutorial Five.
Having trouble downloading? If you click one of the links above, and instead of the download starting, you see a page of symbols, try Control-clicking or Right-clicking the link. When you hold down the mouse or trackpad button, a menu pops up. Choose the "Download Linked File" option (the wording may be a little different, depending on your browser).