FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ResearchWare Releases HyperRESEARCH 3.0
BOSTON, Massachusetts - December 26, 2010
ResearchWare, Inc. today released HyperRESEARCH 3.0, a multi-platform software package for qualitative analysis research. The major new release of our flagship product, HyperRESEARCH, provides many new features - too numerous to list them all - but we offer a few highlights below.
- Code Groups - 3.0 now supports hierarchical code groups with virtually no limit on number of hierarchical levels or the number of codes per group.
- Merge Multiple Studies - A full system for merging one or more studies together with rich options for handling case and code names provides enhanced work group support.
- HyperTRANSCRIBE Sources - Opening HyperTRANSCRIBE transcription files in HyperRESEARCH provides display and synchronization of the transcription to the original media (audio or video).
- Related Multimedia for Sources - For any textual source material, a related multimedia file (audio or video) can be shown in the source window.
- Rich Text Format (RTF) Sources - Support for Rich Text Format (RTF) files for sources allows display of formatted source materials.
- HTML Sources - Support for Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) files for sources allows coding of formatted source materials from a variety of sources. Save web pages locally and open them in HyperRESEARCH 3.0.
- Unicode Sources Support - Whether for RTF, HTML or Text Source, version 3.0 supports files using Unicode to display text in many languages.
- Drag-and-Drop Coding - Dragging individual codes or entire code groups onto selected source material provides an easier, more visual way to code sources.
- Robust Searching of Sources - Full text searching of individual source files or collections of sources.
- Source List Management - Provides a single view of all sources in your study and what codes and cases the source is associated with.
- USB installation - "Install once, run anywhere." HyperRESEARCH remains small, compact, and efficient to be able to be installed on a small USB drive and, of course, as always, to run on Windows or MacOS. Ideal for researchers in the field.
HyperRESEARCH 3.0 has more than 100 additional enhancements and improvements.
HyperRESEARCH is used by researchers in social science research, psychology, usability, and corporate marketing to identify and analyze patterns and trends among qualitative data from a variety of media file types, including text, images, audio and video. Using intuitive tools like case cards, codes and annotations, HyperRESEARCH is popular for its ease of use. It remains one of the few qualitative research products actively developed for both Mac OS and Windows platforms. HyperRESEARCH study and source files are fully cross-platform so users can trade work regardless of which operating system they're using.
A free trial version of HyperRESEARCH 3.0 is available for download at the publisher's Web site: <http://www.ResearchWare.com/hr/downloads.html>.
The freely downloadable version of HyperRESEARCH 3.0 has all features enabled with no time limits. Without a purchased registration code the only restrictions are limits on the number of codes and cases in the study, making the free version suitable for evaluation and teaching. A single-user license retails for US$995, with discounts for educational/nonprofit organizations and students. Upgrade pricing is available to registered users of HyperRESEARCH. Volume discounts are available. Bundle pricing of HyperRESEARCH with HyperTRANSCRIBE, ResearchWare's software for transcribing audio and video is also available. See the ResearchWare Web site at <http://www.researchware.com> for details.
HyperRESEARCH 3.0 requires Windows® 2000 SP4, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 with Apple QuickTime 7 or later for Windows for audio and video coding OR Apple Mac OS® X 10.3.9 or later. HyperRESEARCH for Mac OS X and Windows requires a minimum of 512 MB total system memory with 1 GB recommended and 40 MB minimum of free disk space.
About ResearchWare, Inc.
ResearchWare, Inc. develops cross platform software products for researchers doing qualitative analysis. Founded in 1991, the company remains committed to the ongoing development of its flagship product, HyperRESEARCH, while developing other software products for academic and corporate research markets. ResearchWare is currently celebrating its 20th year in the business of bringing people simply powerful tools for qualitative data analysis. <http://www.researchware.com>.