Have you wondered why Researchware doesn't offer hands-on workshops for HyperRESEARCH? Especially when some of our competitors in the qualitative software market offer two-day (and sometimes longer) workshops?
Here are some of the reasons behind that decision:
- HyperRESEARCH has a shallow learning curve (i.e. it doesn't take long to learn how to use)
- Our software comes with complete documentation (built in Help system, User Guide in .pdf format, step-by-step tutorials)
- We offer free online training webinars (and are expanding our offerings)
- Our tech support team provides free support to all users
That adds up to fewer people wanting to spend money and time for hands-on workshops.
That said, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to present a post-conference workshop on Sunday, June 29th, after the Mixed Methods International Research Association's inaugural conference at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts (June 27-29). After all, HyperRESEARCH originated at BC, developed collaboratively by Dr. Sharlene Hesse-Biber, Paul Dupuis, and Scott Kinder.
This 3-hour workshop, titled "Qualitative and Mixed Methods Research and Theory Building Using HyperRESEARCH," covers everything a researcher needs to know to conduct qualitative or mixed methods research in HyperRESEARCH. Paul Dupuis, primary developer of the HyperRESEARCH software, will be presenting. Ann Dupuis (that's me!) will be on hand to answer questions and help with the hands-on side of the workshop.
We will be demonstrating several new plug-in Tools that extend the capabilities of the software:
- Mixed Methods Importer (create a study from survey and similar data)
- Intercoder Ratings (for research teams)
- Coverage Map (to see how densely you have applied codes)
In addition to current Tools:
- Word Counter
- Frequency Report
- Report Builder
- Theory Builder
Oh, and Researchware will be gifting a free HyperBUNDLE to every workshop participant! (That includes license keys for both HyperRESEARCH and HyperTRANSCRIBE.)
So if you can make it to Boston College for early Sunday morning, June 29, please register for the workshop.
Please note: MMIRA has authorized individuals to register for the workshop even if they are NOT registered for the MMIRA conference, so please disregard the wording on the registration pages that implies you must be registered for the conference.
Have questions or need assistance? Please contact us.